A List of Useful Links and Resources for Real Estate Investors and Buyers
General Investor Information
Information and resources for all types of real estate investors.
- Summary of MA Landlord / Tenant Laws – https://www.apartments.com/rental-manager/resources/state-laws/massachusetts
Analyzing Rental Properties
Tips and tools for running numbers on house hack, rental, short term rental (STR), and flip investment properties.
- Analyzing a multi-family property – Multi-Family House Hack Property Analysis Using BiggerPockets Calculator
- BiggerPockets Rental Property Calculator – https://www.biggerpockets.com/rental-property-calculator
Rent Estimation Tools
Use these tools to help you estimate market and subsidized rent in your local search area.
Here’s a video explaining how I use the tools below to estimate rents – How To Estimate Rental Income For Investment Property
- Rentometer – https://www.rentometer.com/
- HUD Fair Market Rent (FMR) Estimate Tool – https://www.huduser.gov/portal/datasets/fmr.html
- Boston Housing Authority (BHA) Payment Standards 2021+ – https://www.bostonhousing.org/BHA/media/Documents/Leased%20Housing/SAFMRs/January-2021-Payment-Standards-All-Bedroom-Sizes-Rev-3.pdf
- Zillow Rental Estimate – https://www.zillow.com/
FHA Loan Tools
Information related to the most common house hack loan, the low-downpayment FHA loan.
- FHA Loan Limits 2022 – https://entp.hud.gov/idapp/html/hicostlook.cfm
- FHA Self-Sufficiency Explanation – Running FHA Self Sufficiency Numbers on 3 and 4 Unit Multi Family Properties
- FHA Loan Calculator – https://www.nerdwallet.com/article/mortgages/fha-mortgage-calculator
Short Term Rental (STR) / Airbnb Tools
Tools and information related to short-term rental / airbnb investing.
- AirDNA – https://www.airdna.co/